“Life should be bigger, not longer.” Someone has truly quoted the funda of life in the above statement. Life should not be long but big, in other words, no matter how longer life is, one must be able to enjoy it. Everyone in this world want to lead a happier life, however it is still an undiscovered secret for few. Today in this fast life, we have transformed ourselves into machines and we run around the whole day, exhausting ourselves and living a meaningless life. And here arises a question, are we born to live such a life? And most of the times answer comes up as a big “No”. Let’s explore the secret of a happier life jolted down in few points:
- Identify yourself: It is necessary to know yourself. Ask this question to yourself, “Who are you?” Also check what sort of life you are living right now, “A life of compulsion” or “a life of Choice”? Identify your source of happiness and check if you are moving towards the correct direction.
- Bring Balance into your life: People generally spend their whole life working hard in a job and accumulating money. They strengthen their financial aspect of the life and weaken the rest. It is important for us to spend more time with our Family and Friends. In the race of being successful we lose our close people and find ourselves alone in different stages of our life. A balance between different aspects of our life helps us to stay happier in our life.
- Follow your passion: While identifying yourself, one should explore the passion within. If this passion can be converted into career, one not only would enjoy the work but it will pave a way to success.
- Spend some time with yourself: We are so much occupied with the things that we hardly spend some time alone. However spending some time with ourselves will help us to introspect and identify our issue as well as the possible solutions. Spending time with self also gives an opportunity of doing what we wish to do and enjoy.
- Become a social contributor: A happier life needs emotional satisfaction too. Become a contributor to the society and contribute in the way of Charity, Helping troubled people, Not doing anything which is against the interest of society. Spreading happiness will make you happier as you will feel more emotionally satisfied.
- Live in the Present: Now-a- days, everyone is so much fascinated towards making a secured and enjoyable future, we stop enjoying today. People earn for their next generation and the next generation earns for the next and no one enjoys. We accumulate money by sacrificing our health and then spend money to recover that health. This anxiety of uncertain future is keeping ourselves away from enjoying the present. It is advisable to make future secure but it is equally important to enjoy the present to the fullest.
- Maintain a contagious Smile: Smile brings happiness as well as keeps you free from Stress. Smile brings you closer to a happier life so always maintain a smile on your face. Maintaining a smile not only keeps you happy but also spread happiness and hope to others you go around with.
- Get close to the nature: Nature has a different aroma and actually transforms your stressed emotions into relaxed emotions. While keeping ourselves busy we actually lose touch with nature and hence become more stressed. A one hour daily appointment with nature will make you physically and emotionally healthy.
- Stop Comparing: Everyone is unique and can never be compared with each other. Similarly comparing our success with others is not the correct thing to do. One must not compare itself with other as comparing with others will always keep you dissatisfied as you will always get someone who is more successful than you. By comparing with others, we also limit our potential to succeed.