Getting a good job is a dream for everyone and when it comes to get a dream job everyone gets ready to die to get it. Well, to get any job one has to go through many selection rounds and one of them is interview. Interviewer plays an important role for selection of a candidate and most of the times people who impress the interviewer get their dream job. Now the question comes that how to impress the interviewer. Though every interviewer is having a different mindset but there are few common parameters apart from job related skills, on which an interviewer judges the candidate. Few of them are as follows:
- Be on time: Once appearing for an interview, one must respect the time of appointment. As India is having extreme climate conditions be it winter, summer or rain season. You have every chance to get exhausted even before the interview starts. Reaching before time gives you some breathing time where you can reorganize yourself. In case you need to use the washroom or need to rearrange your hairs or you are thirsty, you will be having enough time for the same. Reaching on time also creates positive impression in the mindset of the interviewer as they get the assurance that you are serious about the interview as well as you respect the allotted time and you will not come late in the office.
- Attire: Though it depends on the nature of interview or work you are going to do but at most of the places, interviewers prefer to see the interviewee in formal attire. One also needs to see the position S/he is applying for. Simple clothes attract more. Clothes need not be expensive or flashy, they should look good on you and should suit the occasion.
- Respect your resume: One should make sure that the quality of paper and printout of resume is good. It shows your seriousness and preparation for the interview you are appearing for. It also shows that you respect the place you are going for an interview. Always keep your resume in a folder and keep it unfolded.
- Be honest: Always give answer with honesty. Trying an answer of a question you are not sure of is not a bad thing but showing that you know the answer of that question will create wrong impression in the mind of the people interviewing you. Also share the true information with the interviewer as sometimes they grill you and dig deep to know the facts. In case they get to know that you have shared some wrong information with them, you are out then and there.
- Know about the company and profile: Visit the website of the company and try to know in depth as much as possible about the company you are appearing for. Find out the information about their products/Services, their philosophy, and their growth. It shows that you are really excited to get a job in the company. Also know about the profile you are appearing for so that you can answer their job related question easily and win their confidence that you are the suitable candidate for that job. All such information will help you to explain them your willingness to go for this company.
- Positive Body Language: Always use professional and positive body language while talking to the interviewer. Maintaining good eye contact will also ensure self confidence. Keep your voice and word clear and loud enough to be understood. Keep your answers crisp and relevant as less is more however wherever interviewer expects you to speak in length then explain the things in details.