“Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.” By: Peter.F.Drucker Every organization looks for employees who can work efficiently and effectively. However, it is still a puzzle for many to how to become an efficient employee. We all work hard but still fail to complete our task effectively hence our efficiency get down and at the time of increments we are labeled as an average employee. These 5 tips may help one to become more efficient:
- Reach before time: Reaching on time helps you to organize yourself and your work. However, reaching on time doesn’t mean to reach exactly at time the work starts. For an example, if your work starts at 9 am, you should aim to reach by 8:40 am. As in India, we face extreme weather, be it Summer, Winters or Rain. If we reach before time it allows us to relax before we start our work. It helps us to bring in the focus on the work.
- Prioritize your tasks: One should categorize the tasks based on priority. Tasks should be given priority based on the urgency and importance. Tasks with no importance and no urgency are also termed as time wasters and we should avoid ourselves to get involved into such tasks.
- Don’t Procrastinate: We should not procrastinate or delay our work for the next day as we don’t know if next day we may have some more urgent and important work to be done. Hence completing the task on the same day will help us to achieve high efficiency.
- Complete the work: One should complete the initiated work rather than jumping on other tasks and then another without completing any. At the end of the day, you might have started many tasks but you failed to complete even the single one and performance is being judged on the completed tasks.
- Work with dedication: One should give full attention towards the task in progress and complete it with full dedication. Full dedication will help the employee to achieve good quality and efficiency.